Take a deep breath before reading this short list of must-see nearby attractions…
- We’re just five minutes outside of artsy Sebastopol within a short drive of the: site of the filming of Alfred Hitchcock’s, ‘The Birds’ in Bodega Bay (20 minutes) with wind surfing, whale watching and beach combing.
- The redwood-draped Russian River (10) with river rafting, canoeing. River Rock Casino (35). Wine- and brew-laden Hopland (40). Bohemian Guerneville (15).
- Trendy and restaurant-rich Healdsburg (20) with more wineries than can be seen in one day. Natural hot springs Calistoga (45) famous for its Mud Baths, all near Mount St. Helena (40). Sea kayaking playground at Jenner (35). Historic Fort Ross (60), and legendary Napa County (60).
- Additionally, cycling and walking trails access in minutes that provide that miles and miles of scenic, human-powered (only) Sonoma country recreational trails.
- Walking distance to Merry Edwards winery, Red Car winery, Dutton winery.
- Enjoy Sebastopol’s wonderful farmers market in downtown square open on Sundays 10:00 to 1:30.
- Andy’s Fruit Basket, famous in Northern California, less than a mile down the road for a “cornucopic” selection of organic fruits, vegetables and near limitless gourmet treats, and less than a mile from Mom’s Apple Pie, truly world recognized and recently (2012) featured in National Geographic Traveler Magazine